A couple of weeks ago, my next door neighbor asked me if I wanted to ride with her over to Walmart and a few other places around town. I decided I would since the day was warm and sunny. Not this cold, we have been having this week. Once we got to Walmart we went our separate ways. We had our cell phones and were able to let one another know where we were at, when we finished. While walking through the store, we both saw Santa and Mrs. Claus. They were so cute and I came close to asking them if I could snap a picture of them with my cell phone. There were too many people gathered around them to begin with, so I just kept on walking past them with a smile on my face. Remembering all the times I had sat on Santa's lap as a kid. I'm almost 39 and I can't help it, I still get excited to see all the different Santas. There is osmething about this time of year that is so magical, that I can't seem to explain. One example, is that this is the time for miracles to happen.
Anyway~we were heading back home and I asked her if she had seen Santa and Mrs. Claus in the store.
"Yeah. I wonder where they came from?" She asked.
Well, things tend to pop out of my mouth before I can stop them sometimes. "The North Pole, of course." I answered her.
We laughed and she said, "Duh."
A great memory was made that day. Like I said above, miracles seem to be more prevalent during this time of year. A memory I will always have.
No comments:
Post a Comment