Thursday, December 2, 2010

HE DOES EXIST

I finally have proof Santa exists.  It only took me 38 years to gather my proof.  As astonishing as having this proof is, even more astonishing is the fact, I am on his nice list this year.




 Even better, he decided to put me on his nice list instead of that old naughty list.  He even delivered to me an early Christmas present.  In the form of dead bolts. 



A few weeks ago, I asked my landlord for them because a friend of mine's house was broken into at 1 in the morning.  She woke up to a strange noise.  Scared, she laid in bed and waited to hear it again.  When she did, she decided to get up and investigate.  In the dark, she could make out four figures coming through her back door.  Unable to think clearly and grab the gun she keeps nearby for such occassions, she stood there and screamed like a banchee until the intruders ran out the way they came.

I'm not usually easy to scare when I hear these kind of things.  However, the more I thought about what could have happened to her, I got unerved.  Every time I thought about it, I would get chills.  I decided to ask my landlord for dead bolts.  At first, he didn't want to put them in.  His response was I have a dog to warn me if someone tried to break in.  More than likely if my apartment was broken into, Linus, an eleven pound daschund, would attack if anyone tried to hurt me.  He has always been protective over me and doesn't like to see someone hug or kiss me.  He goes vicious on me.  I figure if somene was that desperate to break into the apartment, they wouldn't care about harming a defenseless animal. 



I went in to pay my rent today and I asked my landlord again for the dead bolts, and before I left The secretary told me the locksmith would be coming sometime today and he would call me before he came.  I had made an appointment to get my hair highlighted and cut.  I was more than happy to cancel and reschedule my appointment in order to have the dead bolts.

Hopefully, after "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" tonight, I will sleep a little better with my shiny new dead bolts.





 It really doesn't take too much to make me happy.  It is my belief, that the happy and sad things lie in the small things that sometimes I (probably most everyone does) take for granted. 

Good night everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you counting all your blessings and those deadbolts are definitely a blessing.

    ReplyDelete