Friday, September 4, 2009

HOW OLD IS TOO OLD FOR A CRUSH?

A couple of weks ago, I met this incredibly sexy man who was doing some work for the company. Everytime I saw him, he would smile. Earning him the nickname, Mr. Sexy Smile. This wasn't the average smile from a man. It was broad and oh so sexy. I am 37 years old and yeah I've had men to smile at me and a few to give me tingles, but nothing like this. That smile touched something was deep down inside of me that I thought I had buried when I swore off all men all together. The first time I saw the smile, I had the urge just to take my clothes off. (Don't worry, that didn't happen) I saw him a few other times and the same thing. I chatted with him a little but never got the courage up to ask him his name. When it comes to the opposite sex, I like for them to make the first move and I like to be the one that is chased. Old fashioned? Maybe. It's really more or less, terrible shyness I suffer from. Everytime he walked in the door or I walked by him, he would smile. Of course, I would smile back. And say a few nice words to him.

The other day something else happened. He showed up without his ball cap. I think I actually swooned when I saw his thick, jet black hair. Not only did he have the prettiest set of teeth,I have ever seen on a man. He also had the sexiest hair I have ever seen. I wondered to myself what his hair would feel like between my fingers. Yet, I made no move towards him. One reason being, he's had a woman working with him this week and I really didn't know what his relationship status is with anyone. He wore latex gloves most of the time, checking for chemicals in the water and soil, I never got to check out the third finger on his left hand. Oh well...

I believe he is done with his work. I will probably never see him again. But it got me to wondering how old is too old for a crush? Or it could be the fact that I have been reading way too many romance novels lately. In my defense, I've never had such a strong reaction to anyone smiling at me as I did with him. I've been in love before and had a few relationships and alot of heartbreak. It just really makes no sense to me at all.

Gotta scoot for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment